Cancer Research UK on Google+ Cancer Research UK on Facebook Cancer Research UK on Twitter
Donate

Together we will beat cancer

moderately differentiated squamous cell carcinoma

23 Nov 2017 00:23

My Wife is diagnosed with moderately differentiated keratinizing squamous cell carcinoma today.

We are trying to understand how serious is this , we are try to gather as much information as we can. 

Will is be bad decision to start Test & treatment after 15 days when we get back to America ?

The report just say following " infiltrating mmoderately differentiated keratinizing squamous cell carcinoma "

any kind of information will be appreciated .

Thanks

Ali

Re: moderately differentiated squamous cell carcinoma

23 Nov 2017 01:13 in response to Sarfraz

Hello,

Is this a from a smear test that she had? 

23 Nov 2017 03:28 in response to LauraP

this is from Biopsy , she had a mole above her upper lip, we got that removed and we got biopsy done on that

23 Nov 2017 08:04 in response to Sarfraz

Welcome to Cancer Chat Ali, although I'm sorry for the reason that brings you here.

As I read your post I thought I'd share some information with you we have on our web page about skin cancer, to read more please click here.

Also, back in May this year we had another member, @Ditsy ‍ who came to the forum with similar concerns so it might be a good idea to contact them to have a chat? 

I hope this helps a little.

Best wishes to you and your wife,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

23 Nov 2017 09:29 in response to Moderator Renata

Hesitate to contradict you, Renata, as I am not a medic. But aren't mouth and oropharyngeal cancers always inside the mouth? This is a mole above Sarfraz's wife's upper lip.  

23 Nov 2017 09:40 in response to Sarfraz

Hi Sarfraz, I assume that the diagnosis follows tests made when you were  in America. Maybe you should contact your doctor there? You can ask if it makes a difference if your wife waits until she gets back to America, before she starts treatment? Good luck, Harry.

23 Nov 2017 09:58 in response to Harry2

Hi Harry2,

No problem! I've corrected the link I meant to send earlier, thanks for the call. Happy

23 Nov 2017 13:25 in response to Moderator Renata

thanks everyone, this is helpfull .

Harry, she got he mole removed in pakistan. biopsy is the only test done yet. nothing else.