Introducing myself

Hello

I have recently had a right mastectomy to remove a large and a smaller tumour and am about to start follow-up radiotherapy and hormone treatment. I want to avoid preventative chemo if possible. I would love to make contact with others travelling this route, to learn from their insights and experience.

I feel uneasy with the amount of drugs currently entering my body and find myself attracted to holistic lifestyle approaches based on mind, diet and exercise.

I am also interested in learning about travel post cancer; I want to go to Eire soon, then to Italy and Switzerland, and much later Caribbean and Philippines. I'd be so grateful for insight/tips on this.

Elisa 

• Hi Lismora,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. I hope you are getting on OK with things so far - this forum is a supportive community and hopefully it will be useful for you; I'm sure there will be others here with similar experience to share so hopefully you'll receive further replies soon.

We do have some information on our website on complementary and alternative therapies, and another section on travel tips, in case you want to take a look through.

You can also search the forum (using the button in the blue bar above) for other relevant discussions.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator