Intro

Hi all, my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung and adrenal gland cancer late last year, my mum is also in hospital and has been for the past 6 weeks, my wife and I got married ahead of schedule so my dad could be there to walk me down the Isle. We gave up our home and farm animals to move us and our kids in to my parents house so we could care for my dad and mum.

My dad has been getting steadily worse recently and it's getting really hard, I'm angry and frustrated and sad all the time and I know I've started to take it out on my wife and kids, I don't want to but it just comes out.

I'm just finding it really hard to deal with my anger, it's anger at cancer and aeverytging but also a lot of anger at my dad for not quitting smoking and taking care of himself, anger at him for leaving me and not seeing my kids grow up.

What are some good coping methods for all this anger guys cuz I'm really drowning right now.

Thank

• Welcome to the Cancer Chat community Toni although I'm really sorry to read what you're going through at the moment. It sounds very tough.

Supporting and caring for a family member with cancer can be rewarding but very challenging, so it's really important to take time to look after yourself both physically and emotionally as it will help you and everyone else around you at this difficult time. You can also seek support and advice from Carers UK who host online meet ups where you can chat with others who understand the challenges that being a carer brings.

I think many of our members will understand the anger you're experiencing so I'm sure some of them will share their coping techniques and advice with you soon but in the meantime, we're thinking of you Toni and sending our strength and support your way.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator