Cancer Research UK on Google+ Cancer Research UK on Facebook Cancer Research UK on Twitter
Donate

Let's beat cancer sooner

Re: Husband diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer

3 Oct 2017 16:41 in response to frantic.

Positive is good, realistic is also good, researched all sorts of websites, most give conflicting advice, recognised I needed to make some decisions about the choices I was going to make. I am not an expert, however I am as near an expert on me as I can find so I gauge everything on how it makes me feel, I just avoid the things that I think will feed the cancer, my problem is this is an incredibly long list now, but worth it to come from laid on the floor for 2-3 hours waiting for the morpheine to work, to now pain free 95% of the time. Deal with the  pain if you can , sounds like the pancreas is working too hard, Al

5 Oct 2017 20:59 in response to yorkshire man
My mum got the diagnosis yesterday and we are all in shock - she has had breathing problems for nearly a year and had so many tests but cancer was almost ruled out. She has a blood clot on her lung but has had no pain, stools are normal but she has lost 2 stone rapidly in two months. I know she is scared but she is putting a brace face on it....I'm not sure it's fully registered with her yet. We know it's a matter of time but as she feels so well she has already said ' she wants everything to continue as it is - she doesn't want us to fuss and she doesn't wants us to be sad'. I wish everyone on the same journey that we are about to embark on the very best. I can only follow her lead and not let the cancer take her spirit as well as her body xx

6 Oct 2017 07:41 in response to yorkshire man
Hi Yorkshire Man I have no diagnosis of cancer as yet, I am awaiting the results of a biopsy having just had a large possible cancerous skin spot removed from my neck. I have had gurgling indigestion and mild but consistent heartburn for 3 months. I was prescribed a gastro medication which I have taken for 3 weeks with no effect. I guess like most people with any thoughts of cancer with these symptoms I am beginning to fear the worst. I like your positive approach to cancer, I already feel I have learned something from you, Thank-you!

25 Dec 2017 10:29 in response to nalkate

Hi N.Kate,

I wondered how your mother is doing with her chemo? My mum has just been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has spread to her liver. She will starting the Abraxane/Gemcitabine combo on Wednesday and her oncologist is very positive that she will respond well. What that means we don’t really know but I was encouraged reading your post. 

Hope to hear from you.

adrienne 

25 Dec 2017 16:58 in response to AC02

Hi Kate,

My wife is diagnose with stage 4 cancer too. just like you I m scare and nervous too. i just feel so along and depress especially this holiday

Arnel