Hodgkins Lymphoma

Found out today that I have Hodgkins Lymphoma. Now onto the waiting game again for a consultant meeting and then scans and surgery to remove at least one lymph node for further testing.

Very scared of what they'll say about how far it's spread and the treatment. 

I know 'most' people get cured these days. So hope I'm one of those 'most people'.  I'm 33 with a nearly 14 month old. I can't be one of the non- 'most people'.

• Hello reb82,

You did well to start a new thread in the 'Newly Diagnosed' topic area. I am sorry to hear that you have just been diagnosed and it must be a worrying time for you as you are waiting to find out more details and information about your treatment plan.

Feel free to search on our forum for past threads from people who had Hodgkin's Lymphoma. There is a 'Search Forum' facility at the top of the page. It will help you feel less alone though I noticed you already received amazing support from eciguser. There was this young person here who posted a while ago who had at the time also been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma so perhaps you could respond on her thread and find out how she has been doing since she posted?

We also have an excellent information page on Hodgkin Lymphoma and if you have any questions, our nurses are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on this free number: 0808 800 4040 - don't hesitate to ring them. They are really lovely!

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thanks Lucie, I've been in touch Emily.