Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Acinic Cell Carcinoma

3 Oct 2019 08:58

Hi there, I recently had surgery to remove a benign lump from my left parotid gland which i think had been there for about 12-15 years, when this was sent to the pathology department this turned out to have cells of Acinic Cell Carcinoma, the pathologists report staged this as a PT1.  I am 30 years old, and I can't help think my life is over and that I am now dying.  My cancer doctor didn't reccommend radiotherapy and said he leans more towards just monitoring.  I am so scared.  Can anyone help me?

Acinic Cell Carcinoma

5 Oct 2019 10:49 in response to Tracey89

Hello Tracey89, 

Welcome to our forum. I am sorry to hear that you have had your pathology results and that these to showed to be acinic cell carcinoma. We have a little bit of information on our website on acinic cell carcinoma here which I hope will give you a little reassurance. If you wanted to talk this through with one of our nurses, they will be able to tell you more about it. You can call them on 0808 800 4040 - their line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. 

If you have any worries at all about what the report means, don't hesitate to share your fears with your doctor I am sure they will be able to reassure you and tell you more about it.  I hope you will also meet others here who have been diagnosed with acinic cell carcinoma and that they will be along soon to share their experience with you.

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator