21 found 2 lumps in each breast, referred to breast clinic

Hi,

So update i got very worried and went to a&e for the lump in my right breast - and the doctor actually found one in each breast. I got a letter to give to my gp that says i am to be referred within two weeks asap. The letter says that my nipples are both inverted (i've always had large, flat nipples but i'm not sure if this is different?) and nothing was found in my armpits; it also says the lumps both didn;t feel hard or fixed - but to me they did. She reassured me not to be worried beacuse of my age and there's no history in my family, but the thought of waiting two weeks is so hard i keep imagining the worst - does anyone have any tips for waiting around and how to calm down?

Thank you!

• Hi bnsvessel,

It is normal to have worries, but it's important not to let them take over and 9 out of 10 people who have been referred are found not to have cancer. Although the tips on the page here are to do with waiting for news, test results for example, they can be used in many different situations. Mindfulness is also useful tool to help you keep calm.

I hope this is useful,

Moderator Anastasia

• Hey 

I am currently waiting on my appointment which is on Monday. I found initially I was really worried. I read alot of information on breast cancer and with my age it is very very unlikely. Work has kept my mind off it. I had a day of work to sort speaking to my GP and cried for the first couple days after finding the lump but honestly reading up statistics really helped me to stop catastrophing the whole situation. 

Hopefully the waiting passes quickly for you! 

• Hello ,

I had found a lump in my right breast, I went to the gp and got referred aswell. My mum passed away from lung cancer so I was very scared through the process thinking the worst and that I'm going to have to go through all that my mum did with all the medication and chemo and surgery. 
    however I had a scan and actually said it was just breast tissue which is very common for people with larger breasts.

honestly try not to think about it because you start to think the worst.

hope everything is all ok xx

• Hey,

im so sorry to hear about your mum and I hope you're doing okay, that's amazing to hear it was all clear! My doctor also said I have large, lumpy breasts so i'm hoping it is just lumpy tissue! Thank you for reaching out im going to try and not think about it and not stress myself out, I hope everything's well with you xx