Worried sick

Hi there 

I’m new to this site. I found a lump in my right breast and rang my doctor last Thursday morning. I can’t fault them and I was seen as an emergency within an hour. He checked my breasts said he “thinks” the lump is a cyst and has referred me to the breast clinic to be on the safe side. 

I’m absolutely worried sick! They have confirmed that they have my referral and will write to me with my appointment. 

Can someone tell me what happens in the breast clinic please. I know I’m having a mammogram but not sure what else. 

• Hope you don't mind a man replying my wife has been in 4 times each time took scan lucky cist and they drained it there and then it Herts & bruses but not for long. Good luck best wishes.

Billy 

• Hi. I am in a similar boat  I found a lump in my armpit and have been on the 2 week wait list for the breast clinic. I go next Monday and the worrying is intolerable so I feel your pain. I've read lots and made the worrying worse so if you're reading stuff, don't. I'll promise not to if you will! The only thing you could do is look at the web page for your local clinic and read what's on there about the appointment as mine had lots of info about the appointment and what happens. 

• The waiting is awful isn’t it?!

ive also been busy googling as well and it’s definately made me worse lol. Let’s do a deal and not look any more!

I did speak to the nurse in the breast clinic over the phone earlier.She was very re assuring however I thought I was having a mammogram but she said I’m having that,an ultrasound,biopsy and maybe they’ll aspirate the lump as well! Now my mind is overdrive. Hopefully I’ll hear from shortly. 

Please keep me updated with how it goes for you xxx

• No I don’t mind at all

I’m just very worried at the minute while waiting for this appointment. 

I’m glad to hear your wife is ok xx

• Hi there, I've just joined the forum and I'm in a similar situation to you. Found a lump in my right breast, and had a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy yesterday, I wouldn't say any of it was enjoyable (!!!) but it was nowhere near as bad as I'd imagined and the staff were so wonderful. I won't get the biopsy result until next Friday but it's looking highly likely that it's cancer (although lymph nodes are clear, which is a good sign). I've handled things much better than I expected to, had a couple of crying fits last night and this evening but managed to go to work and get through the day. 

It's really promosing that your lump looks like a cyst so fingers crossed that's what it is. Always safer to get it checked out, and honestly the breast clinic isn't as scary as you'd think it would be. Best of luck xxx

• Hello there 

Thank you for replying to my post. I’m sorry to hear that have been diagnosed with bc. This group has been a godsend to me over the past week and a bit and you’ve definatelt done the right thing in joining,everyone here is so lovely and helpful.

ive had my appointment through for next Thursday. I keep telling myself only 6 days to go. 

What i’ve learnt is to take things one day a time and it does help although I’ve had a few wobbly days as well! Today being one of those wobbly days.

I do wish you all the best with your treatment. Xxx

• Thank you xxx

You're right, take every day as it comes and allow yourself to feel what you're feeling - there will always be wobbly moments! So glad you've found the group helpful. I feel quite helpless at times, but I'm hoping that connecting with others in similar situations will make things easier - it feels like a practical and positive thing to do, as there's so little else I can do but wait!

Roll on next Thursday, I hope it goes well xxx

• [@Jolamine]‍ 

[@Marlyn]‍ 

[@petrgn]‍ 

you have all been so amazing  and helpful to me this week. Do you have any advice for this lovely lady who has just joined the group please xxx

• Bit of advice take something to eat and drink or read sometimes it's a long wait, good luck. Don't forget you will not be the only one there.

Billy 

• Hello

The waiting is unbearable.  So much easier when you know your treatment plan. Spoil yourself with little luxuries....scented candles any time if the day, sweet treats.  Don’t let this condition rob you of one day. Look good and ask yourself  if you’re still going to be here, next week, next month, next year. Of course you are!  So don’t let this rob you of an hour let alone a day.  Just hand your body over to the experts who can heal us.  I was told by somebody....one day breast cancer walked into your life and one day it will walk out.  Wise words. 

Ok it’s a journey and not one we would have chosen but we’ll reach the end of it and BE SO PROUD we are breast cancer survivors .

xxxxxxx