Worried Mum

My daughter has been referred to the breast clinic and has been told she will be seen within 10 days.  I wasn't with her at the appointment as she didn't tell anyone but she has a lump with a rash armpit/breast, by all accounts the Dr wasn't very reassuring and quite negative.  She is only 22 I made the mistake of googling which I know is not the best idea but I am going out of my mind. 

• Hi there ..

As mum's we always panic when it's our babies ...  and your right Dr Google is gives you worse case sinarios... but from what I've learned is 8.5 out of 10 lumps are benign.. and the younger , the even better odds .. so try to keep a level head, as it could be fine ... and every one needs a mum that's reashoring... even if we panic like mad when on our own ..

My first four call backs from mamorgrams over the years were fine... and one was like a flat pebble .. I was convinced was positive ... and each time I'd worried for nothing .. maybe go with her when she gets the results .. write down any questions she may have, and write down the answers .. 

Now if on the other hand the very case it is .. my last 5th test was positive , with a grade 3 .. nearly 3 years ago... there were about 5/6 New breast lasses I met on here at that time .. we all held each other up .. we all had different stages and treatments but you know now those other lasses have all gone back to their life post cancer... so it's not as bad as we think .. we hear the sad journeys on the t.v .. but there's lots of us kicking it's butt ... so hang on in there .. fingers crossed ... Chrissie x

• Hi Chrissie

Thank you so much for your reply and reassuring words, unfortunately I am a glass half empty kinda girl but I am really trying to be upbeat, my daughter is amazing me with her maturity but she is a closed book so quite difficult to read and won't really tell me any details apart from the Dr was not very reassuring.

I am sorry to hear about your journey and hope you are doing well now. 

Thank you again x x 

• Hi

Hope you are doing OK x 

My daughter went for her breast clinic appointment bt today which was supposed to be 3 hrs long and she was told she would have a ultrasound and a mri (she had her bloods last week) but when she got there she had a ultrasound and then they ssud she be called back for further testing in a couple of weeks, so more waiting and just very confused. 

• Hi there ..

Well I'm really sorry, no wonder your confused .. personally I've never heard of that happening  .. as every time I had tests it was on the same day .. the only thing I can think of is maybe there was a problem with the mamorgram ... my last check up, was an ultrasound only ... and I'm pretty sure they give a lot of info ..

But I've always said , not being explained to properly is far more worrying then being kept in the loop .. I think if I were you I'd ask her G P if they could give you more info, as your both confused .. I know it's so hard when it's our babies .. l coped with my cancer really well .. I think .. but when my son was being tested , I fell apart .. and when he called to say he was o.k .. I couldn't hear him through my sobs ...

So I completely understand... but please try to keep busy as poss .. and give your daughter positive vibes .. coz that's what us mum's can do ... then have a good cry to let it all out .. but the odds really are on her side .. it's not impossible, but improbable... and I'll keep everything crossed for you her ... Chrissie xx