Worried and scared

I’ve been having blood when I go to the toilet for about 3 months now, I’ve been on laxatives and senna tablets. I got a bleed similar about 4 years ago but when I had a sigmoidoscopy they couldn’t find anything because a stool was in the way, and quickly after having the enema and the camera, the blood stopped. This time though due to not being able to get an appointment, nothing’s working. The laxatives haven’t worked :( the doctors on the phone (I can’t get s face to face appointment because of corona) said that because I’m 23 and not 83 that they doubt there’s anything seriously wrong so need to see people at high risk before me. I have rang 8 times now and spoken to 8 different doctors and they’ve finally said I’m scheduled for a colonoscopy. They haven’t rang me in a week though. Now recently in the past few days I’ve started to get a full ache in my right leg and I’m terrified that it’s related to my bleeding bowel. I also found out my Nan and brother have divercolitis, could this cause pain in the leg?? (My foot veins have become more prominent. Please help me I’m only 23 and don’t smoke, am vegan and exercise and feel like I’m going to die 

• Hello evie96, 

I hope you won't have to wait too long for your colonoscopy. The pain in your leg may be unrelated to your bowel issues, so the best thing to do would be to make an appointment to speak to a doctor about your leg. They will be in the best position to tell you more about it. 

I hope everything goes well with your colonoscopy and that you find out soon what is causing this ache in your right leg. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator