Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

We know it’s a worrying time for people with cancer. Please read our information about coronavirus and cancer alongside this page. If you have symptoms of cancer you should still contact your doctor and go to any appointments you have. Spotting cancer early means treatment is more likely to be successful.

Read about coronavirus and cancer

Worried about pancreatic cancer

16 Sep 2020 10:19

Hi 

i'm 41, single mum to a 5 years old and I'm having the biggest health scare of my life.

I've never had any serious health problem before but lately i gained a lot of weight so i have now a BMI of 36.
For the past couple of months, i've been trying to eat healthier and exercise. 
I started having pain in my knees and schins and thought it was because of the exercise. But now i feel dull pain on and off all over, in joints and sometime in my forarm or thights or middle of the back...

2 weeks ago i had a spicy meal and started feeling pain in my upper left side while eating. The pain was moderate and stopped after a day or two. then it came back and since then, i have this dull pain that i can't quiet discribe. It's not a crampy or a burning sensation but more like if i had a little rock or something bugging me. I feel it a bit more when i bend over or stretch my arms above my head. 
I've seen my GP who prescribed blood work and abdominal scan.

Of course i googled my symptomes and based on the localisation (upper left abdomen under rib cage), it seems  like its either pancreatisis or pancreatic cancer. I have an appointment for my tests tomorrow and i'm scared to death. My mind keeps running. 

i've you ever experienced something similar and turned out ok ?

Thank you

Worried about pancreatic cancer

16 Sep 2020 20:14 in response to yeosandra

So blood work came back and everithing is within normal range except my ESR taht is at 40 (should be

from what i read both levels are "moderately" elevated and could mean an ongoing disease including infection and malignacy. I was scared now i can't even process or think. I have a 5 yo little girl...