Worried About Ovarian Cancer

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in November 2017 at the age of 42. Was early stage so had surgery in December 2017 and 3 weeks of radiotherapy in March 2018. No chemo required as oncotype x test came back as low risk of recurrence. Been on tamoxifen since March 2018. In November 2018 then I was referred to Gynaecologist due to light vaginal bleeding (I have been post menopausal since mid 30s). I was given a vaginal ultrasound scan and they could see some thickening in the lining of my womb so underwent a hysteroscopy a few weeks later and had a uterine polyp removed. Since probably May time of this year then I've noticed symptoms - including pains in my lower abdomen, particularly right side as well as pain in pelvic area, pain in right hip and pain in my back. I attended an appointment with my GP 9 days ago and mentioned to her that I was worried about ovarian cancer especially given fact that I've already had breast cancer and she did some blood tests including CA125. She felt my lower tummy and said she didn't feel anything abnormal. I'm putting off phoning up for the results as I can't face being told bad news. I know I'll have to do so though but have been thinking about fact that I had a vaginal ultrasound scan and then a hysteroscopy procedure in November and December 2018 and am wondering what the likelihood would have been if them picking any ovarian issues up at that point? Any ideas? All a bit long winded I know....

• Hello vparkerwebb, 

It is normal, after what you've been through before, to be worried but try not to anticipate what it might be. It is reassuring that your GP mentioned that she didn't feel anything abnormal and it is good she was thorough and ordered some blood tests including the CA125. I think the best thing to do rather than ask yourself all these questions which will only make you more anxious is to pick up the phone and try and find out what the results are I know it is really hard for you to do that so it might give you some answers and hopefully reassurance. 

Keeping everything crossed for you that everything turns out to be fine. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator