Worried about my son

Hi I am looking some advice. My son who is 9 has been having bad stomach pains for a while now took him to doctors who done a urine test showed blood but no infection he thought he could be constipated but turns out he isn't. We are waiting for an appointment at the hospital but the last week have noticed he isnt himself at all and not as energetic. A girl i know said this is all the symptoms her daughter had before being diagnosed with cancer. Should I be worried x

• Vic 90

You poor lady being told that by your  friend, no wonder your worried.  I do feel for  your  friend and whats shes going through, but she really should not have told you this.i know she may  have genuinely been trying to helo you but its done the complete opposite of that.

My advice to you is not everyone's child's   symotoms that seem the  same turn out to be  tge same or cancers.  Try not  to worry and wait and see what the gp says.

• I can completely understand why my friend told me what she did and it had crossed my mind because of his symptoms but I am trying my best not to worry and see what the doctors say.

• Vic90

Yes do try not to worry, although its hard not to. Hope you get some answees from your Gp soon.x.

• So we had a phone call from gp today. His bloods came back normal but his urine came back with still blood in it. Gp said to re test in 6wks. He now has a rash still getting pains not eating as much and is so pale and alwsys looks to tired. 

• Vic90

Hi Vic90

Sorry to hear your son is still feeling poorly. Have they done a dip stick in his urine sample as sometimes blood in urine is a sign of a bad urine infection. Im no doctor but if your son continues to look and feel poorly id call your doctor  for some more advice . Im glad his bloods came back clear, i hope things improve with your son very soon. Xx

• Yes the dip test shows blood and protein so they sent it of for test. Came back with no infection this is the third urine test that has came back like this. Im just worried cause he isnt himself at all and never complains about anything but he is telling us everything from getting pains to feeling lightheaded and no energy and looking lots of hugs which he has never done. When he is sick he normally just like6 to left alone. I think when im at the doctors next week I will let them know everything from the smallest detail.

• Vic90

Oh bless him i do hope you get some answets soon . Yes good idea to tell them everything , maybe keep.a log of his temperature and symptoms  and show them this when you nxt talk to the doctor.  I will.be sending positive vibes that he gets some help and right diagnoses so he can start feel better soon.