Worried about Lymphoma?

Hello,

I've been experiencing night sweats that wake me up for the past few months now and they've just recently become a lot more frequent. I think there is a lump in my neck and several small pea sized lumps in my groin area (on the left side). I went to the doctor last month about these and they took blood and a urine sample, and I was given the all clear.

I'm still really worried about it being cancer, as the symptoms don't seem to be stopping and the night sweats are getting worse.

• Hi basman. Welcome to the forum.

The only sensible thing to do is to return to your GP and say that your symptoms aren't improving, and the night sweats are particularly bad. 

• Hello Basman,  I have just came across your post it am suffering exactly the same symptoms. Extremely bad night sweats and swollen lymph nodes. I was just wondering how you got on. 

I am currently waiting on bloods results. 

• I have swollen lymph nodes went doctor today and she got another doctor in for second opinion they said they don’t think it’s anything bad but done 2 blood tests for blood count and to rule out thyroid. I’m not having night sweats though. My whole throat is swollen now and a slight cough. Fingers crossed 

• Hi, I too complained about night sweats to my doctor and said could it be cancer. All my tests came back perfect. Time passed and I went in for an MRI for back pain and that's when they found Follicular Lymphoma in my low back in the lymphnodes and it had spread to lower rib bones as well. I went in a few weeks after the MRI and they had to cut me open to get a sample to figure out what type of cancer it was. A long story short I would not be typing this response to you today had I not pushed on and been persistent with my doctor. I am in remission now but it was a long road getting here. I do know that my cancer had to be found with an MRI and is still monitored today by getting a PET scan every 6 months. I am just getting to the point where it will be pushed out a year and then if I am fine every 2 years. I hope this helps. I do know if your a drinker you can get night sweats from that as well. All I know is when people tell me or I read night sweats it scares the hell out of me. Don't accept nothing is wrong if you think their is. Be vigilant and good luck............

• Hi woody1231 

Thank you for your reply, I'm really glad you are well, sounds like you have been through a lot. I too have been getting lower back pain, which has been gradually getting worse feels like a really dull ache not so much like back pain. I've been putting this down to being a busy mum of 5 and not getting much sleep due to the night sweats. I think am going to push for a scan as it's been going on for nearly a year now. My hormones and bloods are fine but I really think their is something not right. Again thanks so much for your reply.  

• What tests did you have before mri 

• What tests did you have before mri