Worried about lymphoma

Hi, I'm 17 years old and worried I have lymphoma. I have a swollen lymph node on the side of my neck and 2 smaller ones above my collar bone, all of which are on the left side. They are all painless and have been there for at least 6 weeks. Saw doctor 2 weeks ago but she believed them to be due to an infection and nothing to worry about as they aren't larger than 1cm and she thinks they will go down on their own, however I've had no signs of infection and still no signs of them going down.

I've also been experiencing unexplained itching for a couple of months which has led to some scabs on my arms and a small amount of bruising on my legs. Sometimes it's easier to ignore but at times I can't think about anything other than itching. I've been taking antihistamines for a week now to try and calm it down but haven't noticed any improvement and I've had no rashes or hayfever symptoms.

I've felt nauseous on and off for the last few weeks and although I've had no severe night sweats or unexplained weight loss, I do feel feverish every night before I go to bed which is not a problem I've had before but could be due to warmer weather.

I didn't mention anything to the doctor other than the lumps in my neck as I didn't think they could be related and just now realising they may be :/

Think I will probably wait a few more weeks and if the lumps still haven't gone down I'll probably go back but I feel as though im annoying my doctor as I am a worrier. Trying not to overthink it but I just have a bad feeling. Would love some advice if anyone has experienced something similar? Thanks 

• Hello Eve46

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some health concerns recently. It sounds as if you're still feeling anxious about what could be causing your symptoms. 

If things don't improve then it's certainly worth getting back in touch with your GP and mentioning the additional symptom you've mentioned in your post. They may be unrelated but it's not a bad thing to let your GP know if you're worried. I'm sure they'll be able to offer you some reassurance. 

I do hope that things settle for you soon. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator