Worried!

Hi everybody

I've come across this forum today and have seen some things similar to what I'm experiencing right now. I went to my GP last week after discovering a hard lump that I had for around 3 weeks to the left side of my nipple. The GP was not reassuring at all - saying things such as 'that's definetly a lump'. I am 26 and am so worried about it. I have my appointment this week at the breast clinic and I wondered if anyone can tell me what they do when you get there. I'm not someone who normally worries at all about things like this but as much as I've tried to put this to the back of my head it's still super concerning! 

Thank you so much!

A very worried 26 year old x 

• Hello, 

I'm 38 so also young, I am not sure if you can take someone with you I think you should if you can even if they wait in the car,, not too worry you but always nice too have someone not far away.

you will see a Consultant first who will chat to you then they will look at your Breast and will mark the area with pen. 

you will then go to get an ultrasound, if they think it's a good idea they will send you for a Mammogram, and possible a Biopsy if it need further testing. 

Try not to worry it's the best thing that you are going too get it checked, likely hood is it's nothing. The waiting for appointments and results is the worst. 

I hope it goes well and you get positive results.

love Sarah