Worried

Hi. A few weeks ago my breast felt hard, swollen and stinging. I thought maybe it could be hormonal or mastitis. The pain and swelling have improved now but recently i noticed that when i lift my arm, theres a dent at the bottom of my breast. Im so scared to go to the drs and more that if its cancer it won't be treatable

• Hey, so in not sure how old you are but I'm coming up to 30 and have noticed that my hormones are doing all sorts to my boobs, in the past 3 years I've had to go to the breast clinic twice with worries one was periductal mastitis and one was just hormonal lump that went away on its own, I know it's super daunting to go get things like this checked out but you absolutely should even for your own peace of mind, have had both of my parents having cancer I'm extremely conscious of my body and the changes happening in it but each time I've had a worry I go and get it checked and they tell me it's all good, If it wasn't I'd just deal with it the worst thing you can do is leave it and bury your head in the sand as either you will be just causing yourself unnecessary worry or just making the situation worse, trust me knowing is better than not knowing 

• I'll be 32 in july. I'm hoping its ok but i worry so much about things, so i've convinced myself its cancer! Im going to try and see my dr tomorrow. Im dreading it but like you and my family said, i need to know. If its bad i'll have to find a way to cope. Thanks for replying

• Honestly I felt a weight off my shoulders as soon as I made the appointment to get it checked as it was constantly on my mind and causing me stress and anxiety anyway, the wait between refferal and getting seem at the breast clinic was hard and full of worry but somehow easier because I knew even if it was bad I was taking the first step to doing something about it. I also had to be checked for lymphoma this last year and that was horrible too but I'll never regret doing it (even if I feel like a hypochondriac at this point ) as it's important we look out for changes in our bodies as how else are you going to catch it early.