Worried

Has anyone had a lumpectomy for breast invasive ductal carcinoma grade 2 er + hr + and her 2 -. Had a 23mm lump removed, but found Dcis on margin. Had a re- exertion for more margin removed. But worried in case margin wont be clear again. What happens next? Waiting is driving me crazy, afraid of a mastectomy, i dont know if dcis is just a bit or scattered in breast. Has anyone gone through this please? Tks 

• Welcome to Cancer Chat Laurashirley.

I couldn't find anyone speaking about having a lumpectomy for this diagnosis recently but there are a lot of discussions about breast invasive ductal carcinoma and DCIS so if you'd like to have a read through and join in on any, just use the 'search forum' option in the blue bar above.

Many of our members know how tough the waiting can be on this journey so I'm sure you'll receive some words of support and advice from them soon but if you'd like to talk things through with someone then do give our cancer nurses a call. They're available on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m.

Wishing you all the best with your treatment Laurashirley.

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator