Worried

Just been to doctors and blood in my urine I am so worried and worked up now

•  

Hi Dazzamerry,

I am sorry to hear about how worried you are having found blood in your urine. Where has your GP left things, do you have any more tests planned?

I know that it's hard not to worry, but it could still be something minor.

Do please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• What can the worse outcome be or is it just infections

• Hi Dazz, I had this last Christmas whilst family were here the pain was excruciating but a course of antibiotics, a check of my bladder at a Hospital outpatients and all was clear, so please don't think the worst, although cancer is discussed openly nowadays it does seem that a lot of people are becoming scared about things when it's mostly just an infection, so worrying gets you nowhere, this will all be checked out and you will soon know the outcome.  Take care. Carol

• Hi Dazzamerry86

I'm sorry to hear that your struggling with health concerns again. I can see back through your posts that this has been a recurring issue for you for quite some time now. 

Unfortunately no one here will be able to tell you what is causing this particular problem and it's important that you continue to talk to your GP about your concerns. 

Something you may find helpful is an NHS page about health anxiety and you can view it here. There are links to other resources such as a self help book and also self help groups. There is also information about professional help.

There is also good information on the NHS Mood Zone web pages  and they suggest that in some parts of England people can refer themselves for psychological therapy, although it is probably best to discuss this with your GP. 

I hope that your GP is able to help reassure you soon. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

•  

Hi Dazzamerry,

I am not a doctor, so I cannot give you a diagnosis. As Carol says, the worst case scenario is possibly a cancer diagnosis, but it could also be something as simple as an urinary tract infection, which can be treated with antibiotics.

What did your GP say today? S/he is in the best position to say. You usually need some tests before a proper diagnosis is given either way. Have you been given any medication or been referred to see someone else?

Here's hoping that it is something simple.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Ct scan in 2 weeks they found blood also 6 weeks ago in last blood urine test and said nothing so that's neglagence

•  

Hi Dazzamerry,

I hope that the CT scan goes well and doesn't show up anything untoward.

Please let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

KInd regards,

Jolamine