Worried

I'm not sure if anyone can give me any advice or wether I should be even posting on here as I would hate to be wasting people's valuable time , especially on a site that deals with such serious matters ,  but I'm scared , so here goes .... in the last 5 years I've only left my house 8 times , I have severe ocd , I've had it all told for around 15 years but like I say only in the last 5 have I been pretty much completely bedbound , I have no contact with the outside world an struggle to do even the simplest of tasks such as going to get a glass of water shower etc , I'm not exaggerating when I say nearly everyday for five years I sit silent in a room just looking at the 4 walls , obviously massive depression and anxiety comes with this not to mention horrible intrusive thoughts that pretty much paralyse you for weeks at a time ,  terrible diet etc.... anyway I've  noticed I have alot of tiny lumps in my abdomen , some small and others a little bigger ( maybe like the size and shape of a walnut ) you can't see them but you can feel them when pressing down , some are closer to the surface of the skin and they are the ones with the most movement  , others are deeper inside with less movement , some are harder than others why some feel softer , some are tender why others don't have any pain  , I've been pressing and touching them for a couple of months especially the ones that are deeper in my stomach and abdomen , they have become painful ( like a constant burning gnwaring  pain ) and also when I move postion or breathe in or out deeply I'm now getting very sharp stabbing pains in my abdemon , there are single ones and also groups of them close together  , I've also been getting bad lower back pain that radiates all the way to between my shoulders and shoulder blades and neck pain , although I'm literally always laying on my back and my neck is always bent forwards up against a pillow and I think that causes alot of pain between blades and upper back and lower back pain is alot worse when I stand , I've read about limpomas and swollen lymph nodes and am just wondered if all my proving and pushing has inflamed or aggravated them ? I hope I'm not wasting anyones time I'm just really scared , thanks 

• Hello there

I am so sorry to hear about your situation, this must be so difficult for you.

Unfortunately no one here can say what these lumps are being caused by and really you need to book an appointment with your GP to talk things through.

Lumps and bumps can be caused by an array of different things but as you have said some of these possibilities include things like lipomas, fat tissue or swollen lymph nodes. Most of these won't be the result of cancer, but if ongoing alongside other symptoms, should be checked out, just to be sure.

Many GP appointments can be made over the phone or video call that may suit you better if you struggle to leave the house but you do have to understand the doctor may want to see you face to face to examine you properly. Depending on what the doctor thinks they may also wish to arrange some more tests to find out more.

As well as getting these lump checked out it is important you talk through your other struggles and thoughts and feelings so they can get you the help and support you need.

In the meantime do seek out the information and support provided by Mind here and Anxiety UK here to help you through.

Best wishes

Naomi