Worried

I have a high white blood count, feel constantly tired, have severe shoulder pain and get night sweats. I have a heamotology appointment end of March. Is there anywhere else I can go privately? The worry is causing me not to sleep etc

• Hello and thank you for your post,

I realise that this is a worrying time for you and I am sorry you have to wait to be seen by the haematology team.

If you are worried about waiting and/or any symptoms getting worse then do speak with your GP about this. You may also want to say how long you are waiting, does your GP know when your appointment is? If you want to be seen by a private doctor then do talk with your GP about this, if you do want to do this you may still need your GP to refer you. 

If you do want a private referral I am afraid we cannot tell you where you should go. A large private health company should be able to guide you. 

I hope you will be okay. Please get back to us if you need any more information or support.  You may find it helpful to talk things through with one of the nurses on our helpline.  The number to call is Freephone 0808 800 4040 and the lines are open from 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday.

Take care,

Caroline