Worried

Hi, 

I am 25 years old and have had some symptoms. I've had sore throats for almost a year now and when it isn't sore my left tonsil is still swollen. 

It is so large I'm struggling to now eat and I've noticed some red lumps in my throat. 

I was referred to an ENT who performed an endoscopy. I was there for all of 10 minutes and no information was given other than I need an MRI. I have had my Mri and awaiting results however I'm starting to just become increasingly worried. Are MRI scans used as routine? Everything I've read suggest it's not (I know I should of been reading but I'm so worried I couldn't help it)

I am so please how fast acting the NHS has been but I am concerned. 

Thanks 

• As I noticed this is your first post with us, I wanted to stop by to welcome you to our forum, Thir2020.

I can appreciate why you're worried, but I'm glad you're having your symptoms checked.

It's difficult for us to say why your doctors decided to go for the MRI but try not to worry too much before you hear from them, I know it's easier said than done but when it comes to symptoms, reading things out online rarely helps.

We do have other members here on Cancer Chat who can probably relate to your experience, and I hope they will come along shortly to talk with you. Still, until then, if you feel like speaking with someone medically trained might help, our team of nurses are a phone call way on this number 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

All the best,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator