worried

after having top lobe of right lung removed because of cancer i am now recieving chemo as a preventive but i just can not relax finding it hard to belive it is gone how do i get through this want to get on with my life but 24/7 cancer is on my mind 

• Welcome to Cancer Chat preyellow.

Many members here on the forum have found that the toughest part of the journey can actually be when everything comes to an end and working to get back to a new kind of normal, so try not to be too hard on yourself for not being able to relax. It's completely understandable that cancer is still playing on your mind but if you feel like it's taking over maybe you could have a chat with your doctor or medical team to see if they can help.

As I've mentioned already, our members will understand how you're feeling at the moment and hopefully some of them will be along soon to offer their support and advice.

Wishing you all the best for the rest of your chemo preyellow.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi preyellow,

I totally hear where you are coming from. I have tried to explain how I have been feeling to my partner and I think the closest I have come to putting it into words is to say cancer is completely anti-climatic!

You spend so long from diagnosis through treatment and afterward thinking of cancer that it hard to change your way of thinking, I just feel like everything around me needs to change because such a life changing event has happened to me!

Anyhoos, the best way I have found to deal with it is to take life each day at a time and get as much enjoyment out of it as I can!

Try not to think to far ahead because as us cancer survivors know - life is too short!

Best Wishes,

Sharon