Worried

Hi

i am new here, my mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer stage 4 in February she had no symptoms now she is really ill cancer had already metasized to distant lymph nodes.  She seen oncologist and the plan was to have chemo to try ease symptoms and prolong life.  She had first chemo all seemed fine and then just before her next cycle she is now in hospital with ascetis and really poorly we were told on Friday she is too ill to have anymore chemo now they are saying chemo might go ahead feel like we do not get told what is happening, chemo is booked for Friday but had no definite confirmation if we are to take her for it or not and we are not due to hear from the oncologist until another three weeks, Has anyone else been in this position getting told different things and no one seems to know what is going on ? Should they not just be changing dosage instead of writing her off? 

• If they are not telling either you or your Mum then RING them, ask for her Consultant. I'm not saying that he or she will speak to you but you  SHOULD get an answer from one of the Team doctors or an Oncologist. If you don't get anywhere then ask for the 'complaints' person. You WILL get an answer- good luck and hugs for your Mum.

• Thank you for your reply.  I hope you are okay I have rang the chemo emergency unit today to try and get them to contact our oncologist to find out what is happening there are that many different hospitals and people involved never sure where you are at and who is dealing with what I know they try and do the best job they can but you just constantly feel on edge with this horrible bloody disease.  I really hope things are going well for you much love joe xxx