Worried

Hi, recently diagnosed and treated for prostate cancer. Now had two clear tests which cheered me up but I have another problem, sore boobs.

One side is now quite swollen and vey sore. Saw consultant last week who quickly organised a ultrasound. Only appointment available was just inside the 3 week response criteria that the hospital has. Thought that this time limit was for cancer! So now I'm worried. How common is breast cancer in males, should I really be worried?

• Hi there ... you can get qualified advice from “ask the nurses” on here or free phone helpline here or McMillan... as they know facts .. and can give you the answers you need , or they can tell you which way to go ... good news on the clear tests so keeping my fingers crossed for this ... take care Chrisie x

• Hi Stonehenge

I just wanted to reassure you on a couple of counts, firstly breast cancer is rare in men. There are about 390 men diagnosed each year in the UK. This compares to around 54,800 cases in women. Also, the quick turnaround on your ultrasound isn't unusual as you are still under the care of your consultant for a cancer diagnosis. Do let us know how you get on but if you feel the need to talk to someone in the meantime you can always call our team of nurses as suggested by Chriss.The number is 0808 800 4040 and is free if you're calling within the UK.

Best wishes

Moderator Sarah