Worried

recently I've not been feeling myself I've been getting headaches and my necks been itchy and feels uncomfortable I've been to the hospital and had blood tests and chest x ray and they said everything was okay. I've been to my gp and he said he could feel my lymph node so he's gave some tablets but I've been in discomfort for a while now and it's affecting me more because I'm googling things and thinking the worst so if it was something concerning would it of shown up in my blood or urine tests 

• Hi and thanks for the post

There can be many explanations other than cancer for your symptoms - nodes can go up and down in response to infection, inflammation or if you're just a bit rundown. The bloods and urine can't show cancer but they can indicate if the body isn't functioning properly or there is something wrong which is affecting some of your organs.

You can always go back to the GP if you're still concerned and ask them to have a chat with you as to why they are not worried and if anything further needs to be done about your lymph node.

Try and not worry too much about this , though I know that's easy to say and hard to do , especially as anxiety can also start to affect your day to day life and increase your headaches. Keep off the internet if possible, as it can't diagnose your symptoms.

All the best

Wanda