Working with cancer

My husband has stage 4 lung cancer and is only 37 with 2 young children ( not living with him)

He is currently still working as we have to finacially.

Does anyone know of any benefits we can get so he could give up work?

• Hi

If your renting you could try for housing benefit and maybe money off council tax, I tried but they decided we had too much in the bank at the time. But if you have a mortgage perhaps have a word with the bank. 

Also you might be able to get a grant from Macmillan, this I was successful and got £200 this is a one time payment. 

Anne

Xx

• If he is receiving chemo or recovering from it he should be entitled to ESA. 

Depending on how he is affected he may be entitled to PIP.

Googling these, you should be able to find the you.gov website, which will give you all the info re entitlement and how to go about claiming.

You can also get help to fill in any forms, which can be difficult.

Best Regards

Taff

• Welcome to the forum Mabel, 

I can see you've got some advice already but I just wanted to let you know about the financial support section we have on our website which should help with this. 

Macmillan have finanical advisers you can talk to for free on 0808 808 00 00 so it may be worth giving them a call to discuss your husband's situation as well.

I hope this helps and you're able to get the financial support you need at this difficult time.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator