Work

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice. I had a mastectomy and diep last September, I have just had the reduction on the other one. I've returned to work after going to occupational health. My HR manager has told me I have to start making my time back when I have appointments after my phased return ends in 6 weeks. Can they do that. How do I mention to my manager, without causing tension.

• No, this is not right Goofy2014 and I am sorry you have this extra hassle.  I am attaching some clear information about cancer patients and work which sets out your entitlements.    Your HR manager should know the law about staff who have had cancer.  I think in your situation I would print off the attached document and speak nicely to the HR person in the first instance, don't go in with guns blazing at this stage.  If you have a trades union then you should take the rep. along with you.  I totally understand that you don't want a stand-off if this can be sorted on a friendly and satisfactory basis.  Do come back to us if you have any more queries; there are several of us here who have had to involve ourselves when working in getting this kind of thing sorted.  Best wishes.  Annie

www.cancerresearchuk.org/.../the-disability-discrimination-act-and-cancer

• Hello Anne. Thank you for your reply. I will try and talk to them at my next review. Attached link really helpful.

Thank you again.

Fay