Work

hi all,

following surgery and radiotherapy, I received the good news last week that my cancer is stable so I will be returning to work next month.  Problem is I really don't like my job. I was looking for something else before getting diagnosed.  It's not that I've been treated badly, I just have a really intense boss who I don't get on with. Ive been left alone whilst I've been receiving treatment which has been great but my boss freaked me out when I said about going back last week by telling how busy it is and how much work there is to do.  They seem ok about me doing a phased return but I really just don't want to go back.

My heart wants to find another job a bit closer to home but my head says I should stay where I am. I'm likely to need further treatment at some stage and so need continuity of employment to maintain my sickness and insurance benefits.  I'm also worried that I'm unemployable as I would probably need to be up front about my diagnosis and whilst I know cancer is protected under the discrimination act, I'm sure some reason can be found not to employ me.  I'd love to give up work entirely but it's just not practical financially. 

Not really sure what to do?? 

• Hello you xx

I'm in a similar situation, boss and work lol

I was planning before I was diagnosed to work part time but then got diagnosed and everything turned upside down

I would have a chat with the macmillan nurses, if you look online there is a number to call for advice on what best to do.

All I would say is the most important thing is you xxx

As my mum says everything else has a way of working itself out

Best of luck xxx