Womb cancer

can anyone say if they had thickening of lining of womb that was 10.75 with no bleeding but had went severely aneamic requiring blood transfusions and pelvis pain like period pain. I am 54 not had a period for 3 yrs? Went to gynaecologist today she could not get into womb to take sample so having to get a Hysteroscopy done? Does anyone have similar issues? Pam

• Hey Pam, 

I'm sorry the gynaecologist wasn't able to take a sample but hopefully the hysteroscopy will be more successful. You can find out more about this procedure just here but if you have any questions or would like to talk things through with one of our nurses, they're available on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m.

I hope you hear back from some of our members soon as well.

All the best,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• My lining is similarly thick - 11cms and I'm waiting now to be recalled for a hysteroscopy under local anaesthetic. It's hard not to worry . This is my second time down this route but keep positive, last time my results were ok.

• Hi 

Thank you for replying. Yes she tried to do an abrasion biopsy but could not do it she never told me why! I have just had a growth removed from bowel & that’s away to pathology. I keep getting pains in lower pelvis are but the Dr said that the thickening would not cause pain! But others have said it does! Do you get pain? Pam