Why?

On friday i found out my mum could possibly not be here at xmas! 

Shes fought a long hard battle with cancer for the last 4 years thyroid cancer had her thyroid removed! Lung cancer had half her lung removed and was doing really we found out last year that she had cancer in her lymph nodes on her airway and she went through aggressive chemo and the tumour shrank! 

Last friday she had an appointment and they told her the cancer is back and is aggressive its collapsing her lung and has hit her bones and has a broken rib because of it they then told her to prepare as she may not be here at xmas! 

My brothers are not coping very well one has just had a baby boy and he was sat this morning alone wanting to throw himself off a bridge over a motorway this morning i talked him down over the phone but im really worries i dont know what else i can do for my family nothing anyone says makes me or them feel any better my other brother had gone really quiet and wont talk to anyone 

i am struggling as i live miles away and can only get down there couple times a month as i have a daughter myself in school and i work full time 

its really hard someone tell me it gets easier to deal with please!? 

• Hi Zoe and welcome to the forum although I'm sorry to hear that your mum's cancer has returned and the impact it is having on you all.

I can't begin to imagine how tough that situation was this morning but you did amazingly well and I'm sure your family really appreciate what you did and how strong you were when this happened. How are you and your brother now? I hope you are both ok but if your brother is continuing to struggle do try and encourage him to talk to someone about how he is feeling and what he is going through. His GP would be the best person to see about this but do let him know that the Samaritans are available 24 hours a day, 7 days. Their number is 116 123 and is free to call. They also have a website which may help at this time as well.

Many members here have found themselves in a similar situation to yours and I'm sure some of them will reply soon to offer their support and advice. 

Do chat to us as much as you like and remember that we are always here whenever you may need us.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Im ok i just feel really stressed and my anxiety is playing up again tight chest and all thay jazz! 

My brother went to his gp this afternoon and they offered him counselling but he wont go! He thinks he needs to be steong dor everyone else bless him! 

He has gone round to see my mum this evening and has been talking to her about it all so hopefully that will help him 

thankyou for the samaritans number i didnt even think of them! Thanku xx