Waiting results

Hello

my Dad is awaiting results on Friday from a multitude of tests and he has a PSA of 199. 

He has ow even called for a full body CT scan. Is is reasonable to assume that this means that they have found cancer and are looking for metastasis 

thank you 

• Hi Catyw1972,

There's no way of knowing until a doctor diagnoses your Dad. I hope you have his results now.

Best wishes,

Moderator Anastasia

• Hello

thank you. He has just got them this morning and he said he has advanced cancer in his pelvic lymph nodes. He has to have another CT to see if it is anywhere else. It isn’t in his bones so hopefully that’s a good sign. 

Do you have any information that might be useful. 

Tha k you 

• Hi Catyw1972,

I'm sorry to hear about his diagnosis. The pelvis is quite a large area so we'd need to know more to work out which cancer he has. As you've said, further tests are needed to determine if it's anywhere else, so I suggest you get back to his medical team for more information. They would always be the best port of call for any queries.

I thought this page here might be useful for you as you support him through treatment. If you have any questions or need to talk to someone after his next CT scan, you can call our team of nurses free on 0808 800 4040. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

All the best to you both,

Moderator Anastasia