Waiting on results

Hi im new today to this forum .im waiting on my biospy results . my doctor has said after the mamagram and ultra sound she is certain it's cancer just waiting on finding out exactly what the stage is an treatment .im so scared worried I've only just lost my dad to lung cancer so all this  has fetched such bad memories i don't  really no much  about breast cancer so I've been on Google and frightened myself even more .im a single mum with 2 girls and lay awake worrying and fearing the worse .

• Good Morning, 

I am so sorry to hear about your news, I am still awaiting my biopsy results after 4 weeks and it can be a very anxious time. Is there anyone close to you that you can trust to talk this through with? 

Try and distract your mind by focusing on your kids and getting outside really helps to clear your mind. 

There is a lot of supportive people on this forum and you can ring a helpline to talk to an experience Cancer Nurse about your worries. 

I know you will remain strong.

best wishes, 

Jem 

•  

Hi LW,

A very warm welcome to our forum. I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer in the past 11 years and, I was told this on both occasions. Waiting for two weeks for the results was agony. I lost my mum to breast cancer, so naturally thought the worst for myself too. Fortunately, I was diagnosed with grade 1, Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer both times and am still leading a busy and fulfilled life.

Not all lumps are cancerous and only 1 person in every 8 referred to the breast clinic will get a cancer diagnosis. If yours is cancer,  this is still not the end of the world, as breast cancer is now one of the more treatable forms of cancer. I have found a tremendous difference in the experience I have had and that which my mum had. We have made great strides in diagnosis, treatment and after care, thanks to our friends at Cancer Research and elsewhere.

Have you been told when you will get your results through? Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

•  

Hi Jem,

Four weeks is a long time to wait for results - how are you coping? nI am thinking of you and, hoping that you get word soon.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi 

Thank you so much for your reply I get to no my results next wedsnesday the doctor told me after looking at the mamagram and ultra sound that it was cancer its waiting for biospy to no more about it .I think the fear of the unknown is worse than dealing with the results its just so scary  .im trying to be positve but I only found out Wednesday so its all so new my own gp and the first consultant told me not to worry it would be just a fatty lump then I had the mamagram and ultra sound an she told ne it was cancer so its all just new .thank you for your support 

• I cant tell my mum at minute cos we only lst my dad in January. But I have support from a friend an my manager at work an few work colleagues that I've told have been lovley its just news you don't ever want to hear .I hope you get to hear something soon 4 weeks is a very long time to wait 

• I am a little anxious but there is nothing I can do really. The consultant is supposed to be looking at my Histology this week. 

I hope to get them next week!

I am glad you have support from your work colleagues and especially your manager, I know the news is scary but you are strong and you can get through this, with our help included. :) 

Jem xx

•  

Hi LW,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It is no wonder that this has stopped you in your tracks. I was diagnosed not long after I lost my mum to breast cancer, so have some idea of how you feel.

I am glad to hear that you have a date for receiving your results and, that it's not too far away. You are quite right, it is much more difficult to cope with the fear of the unknown. You will find all this easier when you get your results, as you will then have a treatment plan and can start to move forward.

It is not unusual to feel angry and almost in denial at first, so don't worry if your emotions are all over the place at present. Crying copiously at this stage is also normal.

I hope thatyour news is as good as it can be on Wednesday. Please remember that we are always here for you on bad days as well as good.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

•  

Hi Jem,

I am so sorry to hear about your 4 week wait for results - you must be finding this very difficult. I hope that they do come through next week, as I imagine that you are climbing the walls.

I sincerely hope that you get some answers soon. I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer in the past 11 years, so if I can help you with anything you only have to ask. 

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Yeah feeling all of those feelings its so cruel isn't it.mydenial comes in when I doubt that maybe she got it wrong an when the biopsy comes back it will be clear I no deep down that's not going to happen.

•  

Hi LW,

Don't be so defeatist! I developed a lump in both breasts within the first year after I had my first surgery. On both of these occasions, I was advised by my consultant that he was sure that I had cancer in both breasts. When my biopsy results came back, the lump in my other breast was fortunately benign. However, when my third lump was investigaed, I wasn't so lucky.  Still, that was 10 years ago and, I still lead a busy and fulfilling life.

Please let us know how you get on on Wednesday.

Kind regards,
    Jolamine xx