Cancer Research UK on Google+ Cancer Research UK on Facebook Cancer Research UK on Twitter

Let's beat cancer sooner

Waiting for results

8 Mar 2018 20:04

Hoping  that I will hear soon from gastroscopy   Seems to be taking ages  but I'm sure I will hear soon  l haven't felt well since I had it done had a chest infection finished antibiotics  but still so tired keep sleeping  

I had 4 biopsy s taken 

none taken from colonoscopy  as far as I know  so no problems there ,

Re: Waiting for results

10 Mar 2018 22:56 in response to Bessieboo

Hello Bessieboo,

Just wanted to say we are thinking of you as you wait for your results. You may have already heard something by now, but I just wanted to send you our good wishes.

Many of our members will relate to this feeling of waiting and waiting and the feeling that time just drags on. I hope you are feeling a bit better by now and that the antibiotics did the trick. Make sure to go back to the doctor if you have any symptoms or discomfort that you are worried about.

Let us know when you get some news - we'll be keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

11 Mar 2018 09:10 in response to Moderator Lucie

Thankyou lucie , finally feeling better   No haven't heard anything yet hoping I will get a letter next week    Kind regards Bessie 

11 Mar 2018 16:31 in response to Moderator Lucie

I had to wait a week to find out if my second biopsies where going to show more cancer in my breast than already found. I was waiting for a call on the Wednesday but the nurse was held up with someone else. I was in a real state by then. The results were that there was nothing else. Saturday the post comes and the result of my smear test was that they want to investigate further and have 8 weeks to wait for the test. I’m am so worried and don’t want to unnessasaraly alarm my family but it’s so hard to hide. I hope you get news soon   The waiting is for sure very unsettling. 

11 Mar 2018 20:45 in response to Cosmicshake

Hello cosmic shake , I know what you mean about not alarming family   Also I think my imagination is getting the better of me  I'm sure it's nothing serious  just anaemic been given folic acid  to take that seems to be a common thing to be given but actually until I get results it's a guessing game the same as everybody else waiting hoping this coming week I will hear something   

Sorry to hear you have 8 weeks to wait for your test   

Luckily I have my daughters wedding in April so I am thinking about that it's only a small wedding so it's not a stressful thing  only 7 of us so it's fun to arrange , I hope you have something nice to think about . Regards Bessie 

12 Mar 2018 09:13 in response to Bessieboo

Hi Bessie. Glad to hear you have something to look forward to. We also have a wedding in April to look forward to and a night in a lovely hotel as part of it. I called my doctor today and now waiting for a call back. I am hoping they will do the tests earlier and take my anxiety seriously but we are subject to protocol I suppose. I’ll update you. So good to speak to someone here and realise you not so alone. Only my husband and mother in law know about the new worry for now. I’ve never liked been the bearer of bad news at the best of times. Good luck with everything xx

12 Mar 2018 11:55 in response to Cosmicshake

Good morning , I do hope dr has called you back and your test has been brought forward 

I'm waiting for postman but no sign so far  I'm wondering if I'll get appointment to speak to someone or if results will be sent   

I'm glad you have something else to think about  

your not alone   That's what's nice about this site , I have never joined anything like this before but I'm glad I did only I know I'm on here I think my husband would say I'm getting a bit  ahead of my self worrying about things before they happen ( which is true )   

Any way let me know how things go  

all the best. Bessie 

12 Mar 2018 12:17 in response to Bessieboo

My doctor did call about an hour ago and assured me that what they found in my cervix is pre cancerous cells and not cancer. This has helped a bit and she made an appointment for me on Thursday just to talk about the anxiety  feeling. I don’t think anyone can quite understand how scared you feel when faced with cancer in any form no matter how good or bad the diagnosis is. I’m only glad I went for the tests and didn’t avoid them. I left the Pap a bit longer than usual which also added to my fear. I hope you don’t have much longer to wait. Keep writing on here. It’s a god send xxx