Waiting for results

Hi all 

I introduced myself last week. I am still waiting for my results. Due to receive them four weeks after my mastectomy and reconstruction. ( results delayed due to Christmas and then because login pathologist didn’t do their job).I am feeling sick that they will show worse results than I have already been given (stage 2 invasive ductal carcinoma). Have no idea what the treatment will be but as I am 43 it seems likely to be chemotherapy. Half of me wants to just get on with it - the other half wants to run away. I’m scared and sick of putting on a brave face. 

Anyone have any any advice about this stage of the waiting game? 

• Just take it day by day. It’s as it is, stage 2  is very do able, mine was. I didn’t have chemo but mine were tiny and all removed in lumpectomy, clear margins and no lymph node involvement. I did have radiotherapy tho. Chemo isn’t a given, will depend on the what the pathology of your tumours is. 

Waiting is horrible but we all have to go thro it. Try to keep up with your normal life if you can, it will be there for you when you get thro this and you will. 

Could you chase up the results with your consultant’s secretary maybe?

• Thank you Rileyroo. You are right there is nothing to do other than wait. I have spoken to consultant and he said definitely results on Tuesday. I have planned to go out tomorrow to look around the shops so that I am busy. I don't cope that well with the unknown - When I have the details in front of me I will feel more in control. Thank you for taking the time to post.
  • We all feel better when we know what is happening. Buy something nice just for yourself tomorrow, we all deserve little somethings along the way as we deal with this!