Waiting for results

Hi to you all on this forum.  I discovered a lump in my right breast while on holiday in February and was not due to return home till mid April. I saw my go as soon as I got home, she made an appointment at a breast clinic which was 2.5 weeks later. I duly had mammogram, then sat waiting then I was told they had found calcification in my left breast and required a further mammogram. I felt sick not knowing what this all meant. Then I had a scan to confirm this. I have to say the staff were all very caring and informative and sort of put my mind at ease. My right breast lump is just 'fatty' I am told, nothing to worry about. Yesterday I had a stereotactic biopsy, thankfully they managed to obtain 3 samples.  I am quite saw in the area, I also have a marker in place. Now is the waiting game. I hardly slept last night worrying about the outcome which will be on 11 June. I am trying to stay positive but deep down I am expecting the worst.  Guess this is natural. Other people I know all have their own problems and I am reluctant to mention my predicament again, so I am pleased to have found a bunch of women who know what I am going through on this site.  Bye for now x

• Hello Teenaa, 

I just wanted to welcome you to our forum. I hope you won't have to wait too long for your biopsy results. I can imagine it must be a very stressful time for you while waiting for these important results. This waiting game really isn't a fun game...

I know it is really hard but try not to worry too much or anticipate what it might be. The best thing to do to avoid thinking too much about this is to keep busy and distracted if you can and avoid looking things up online. I can imagine it is hard for you to do this at the moment but it will help you feel a little less anxious. 

I am glad that you have found a bunch of ladies on this forum who know what you are going through and I hope that they will be along shortly to post on your thread and share their story with you. 

Keeping everything crossed for you that everything turns out fine. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator