Waiting for Breast biopsy result

Found a lump on my left breast and went to doctor. 2 weeks later had a mammogram, scan and 6 biopsy’s. they found a second lump. The doctor on the same day told me I needed to have blood tests and booked a CT scan a week later. By that point I became upset and asked if it was confirmed I had BC and the doctor and consultant kind of looked at me, made a strange face and once I started crying told me I had to wait for the results. Is this normal? It is consuming me not knowing and the thought of having BC. I am 48 and have a 13 years old boy. Don’t know what to think of all this. I have the results next Tuesday but I am so scared!

• Hi there and ... Your Dr sounds a bit hard ... I know we all had to wait, but he could have been a little gentler and caring ... We have nearly all said the waiting is the worse part ... This journey we have is just a waiting game , for want of a better word ... But there's lots of us on here been there and now I know why we sit in a "waiting room"  and most lumps are o.k ... 

I'm 6 months post masectomy, and I was petrified, but looking back it wasn't half as bad as I'd imagined.. it's the unknown that scared me ... Try to keep as busy as poss, as hard as that is, it helps not to go to the "what ifs" as that makes it overwhelming.... Hope you have someone with you when you go to appointment ... Write down questions and ask who you take to have pen and paper there to write down what they say as I didn't take nothing in ... Just sat there nodding ... And remember it just may be o.k ..

You will go through lots of emotions, it's only nateral , we all do ... Your not on your own ... Always someone here to lean on ... Chrisie xx

• Have now got a Bone Scan booked for 24th. Find all this sonstressful, I have not yet been given the results from te biopsy so not been told yet I have BC but yet been sent two letter one for a CT scan and one for a bone scan. This is killing with nerves. Is this normal? 

• Hi Ana... trust me ... most posts on here are people not coping with the waiting for results / appointments/ treatment ... us oldies on here, who are down the line are getting used to waiting now though still stressful but we've learned to try to keep busy as poss as panicking won't change result and it could be o.k ...

It's when you sit or lay thinking ... then over thinking, then going over every sinario...and it gets so overwhelming... so do whatever you can , to keep busy and know everyone feels like you do now, when waiting for answers ... when I was where you are now, I called McMillan and just chatted about feelings and it really helped me .... take care Chrissie xx 

• Thanks! I know and I am telling myself to stop looking at stuff on the internet because it is making me crazy! One more day to wait and hopefully on Tuesday as the answers will be answered. Xxx

• Thats my girl ... you are getting there ... but you could put in runny nose on serch engine and ill tell you youve only got weeks left ... it is good when you know whats happening to find info then ... and then you could look on McMillan and here and know your getting bona-fide info ...

I've still got everything crossed for you, (that's why l keep falling over ; ))  take care .. Chrissie

• Hi! I’ve lurked and read for a few weeks but now post op I dared to register and post.

So far the waiting. The glances and things that aren’t said is the worst thing about this. 

I asked my consultant what exactly he was looking for and he said he would tell me when he needed too. That means I did a lot of googling :/ 

I just want to know... as I’m sure we all do. We're all here with you! 

Xx

• Thanks, it is the lack of controle, the fact we can not do anything to solve this problem without having to wait. I am going tomorrow 8:30am to receive the results of biopsy and ct scan. Part of me really needs to know and move on and do something about it but part of me does not want to know... how long do you still have to wait? Have you been diagnosed yet?

• Hi! Been thinking about you today, I hope you got some answers.

I still have another week or so to wait, they said 2-3 weeks and I'm not even in a week in yet

Xx

• Thanks! Had the hospital appointment and it was confirmed bc grade two but they don’t know stage yet as I have a bone scan this Friday. It is left breast plus one lymph and they worried about something showing on the ct scan in one of my spine discs but won’t k ow until bone scan done. Spent the day crying as one do and my head is numb, can’t think further than a few minutes at the time. Told everyone and that was the hardest thing but now feeling better for not being alone in this. My husband being great and my son really brave bless him. Let’s the fight commence! 

• So sorry bout diagnosis ... l remember so well, the first numb feeling ... l stayed in spare bedroom and didn't come out for two days ... didn't want to speak to anyone ... but for me, that works .. I was cried out and ready to get in the ring, and take him to 13 rounds if needed .. 

So give yourself the time and feelings you need to ... the word it's self is scary ... if you feel angry, that's normal ... at first everything is overwhelming.. and like we said a lot on here.. it's like they put you on a big rollercoaster... and have no control as to when you get off ...

Now saying all that, there's lots of us here, on that same rollercoaster.. lots of different stages, but we will help you through if you want.. I'm 6 months post mastectomy.. and if I could go back in time, to the first days, I'd tell myself ... the op won't be half as bad, or painfull as you think.. and hold on tight, it's a bit of a bumpy ride, but with great family right by your side, you'll get there ... you don't realise just how strong you are , till your backs against the wall ... 

So my hunny, get your boxing gloves ready .. try not to look too far ahead ... one day, and one problem at a time ... many of us have walked your path ... and we hold on and share feelings, no matter what they are ... and we all try to kick cancers *** ... cancer wants you weak, it has no empathy ... but you can do this, one day at a time ... big hug Chrissie xx