Waiting for Biopsy results

Hi, my mum had a biopsy on Tuesday. She's been told she has breast cancer, but we have to wait for the results 2-3 weeks. I can't think of anything g else and feel light headed and cry at anything. I'm so scared about what the results will say and what they will mean. I've never been a day without seeing or speaking to my mum. :( 

•  

Hi Jaffa,

A very warm welcome to our forum, although I'm so sorry to hear why you've joined us.

This is always a very worrying time, but try to support your Mum as much as you can, preferably in a positive way.

I lost my own Mum to breast cancer and have since had 2 bouts myself, so I know just how hard this is to cope with. The more positive your Mum is about her treatment and outcome, the better she will cope with this disease. Much of our positivity comes from family and friends, so the best thing you can do is to be strong for her and instill the strength in her to get through this. If the worst comes to the worst, try to make memories with her, rather than dwelling on being without her.

We all think the worst at this stage and, the unknown is a scary place to be, so most of us tend to think the worst.

Here's hoping that she will get good news in 2-3 weeks and your worries will be over. Please let us know how she gets on. We are always here for both of you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• I'm so sorry about your mum :( I know I need to stay positive, but the shock and uncertainty has been tough, so I have spent most of it in tears (not in front of my mum)

Im dreading the wait, but also dreading the results.

i guess I never thought it would happen to my mum x

•  

Hi Jaffa,

Somehow or other, we find the strength to see it through. None of us ever expect it to land at our own door.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx