Waiting

Just turned 60z. My mammogram showed a lump which I had found a few weeks before. Got transferred within two weeks for another mammogram, ultrasound and they took a biopsy. They looked at lymph nodes and one looked inconclusive and could be odd shape but they couldn't tell. They thought about biopsy but decided to wait on other results. 

I asked if it looked nasty and they said they were just a bit twitchy because its new and my history of (benign) cysts. This isn't a cyst as it stayed put during the biopsy. 

i said that I'd had a lump in the same spot before in 2017 and that was checked. No biopsy. Just ultrasound. During which they became more interested in the other breast. But found nothing and said I was fine.  The lump I had felt went away but I'm sure its now back in the same place 

now the two week wait! So worried what is ahead.  For some reason this time the waiting is worse because of the biopsy.  Trying not to diagmose myself.  

thank you for this forum as its good to see I'm not alone and fear of unknown is normal! 

• Hello RachelY

Welcome to the forum - I'm glad that it's given you some reassurance that you're not alone during this difficult time of waiting for biopsy results. 

We know that many people are anxious and worried while waiting for news. The unknown can be a scary prospect to face but there are many people here who have been through similar experiences. There are many members here who have had breast cancer diagnoses that have been successfully treated. Hopefully some of them will reply to your post to share their stories with you. 

We know that some people find it helpful to chat things through and I wonder if you might find it useful to talk with one of our nurses ahead of your results appointment. I'm sure they will be happy to offer any advice, information, and support they can. If you'd like to talk with them they're available Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm on 0808 800 4040, excluding bank holidays. 

Hopefully you will have some news soon Rachel. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Thanks so much.  Really kind of you to respond. 

I'm trying to keep busy and remember that I don't know yet, and whatever it is there are great people who know how to treat.  

I'd love to hear from others how they managed through this.  

thanks