Very worried

Hello I have lost just over 3.5 stone in the last 6 months, had colonoscopy that was clear went for a ct scan last Sunday not had results bur hospital phoned last night to say I needed an mri scan tomorrow evening very worried now as consultant said If ct scan clear he would refer me to diatician very worried

• Hi Voni65,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. I'm sorry to read about your worries, although it's perfectly natural to feel concerned when there is uncertainty like this.

I see it is this evening that you have your appointment, so I hope it's gone OK and do make sure you ask the doctor any questions you have.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi Ben, yes just got back from mri scan, got to wait now till I see consultant its just the waiting it's driving me mad, in scanner nearly an hour they was scan i g from my liver to pelvis so now just a waiting game xx

• The waiting is often one of the most difficult parts - hopefully you don't have to wait too long to hear more. Try to keep busy and keep yourself distracted if you can - some people say that helps. Do use this forum as much as is helpful too, to speak to others who understand.

All the best,

Ben

• Thank you again Ben, you hear mri scan needed not long after having ct scan done and the mind goes into overdrive. I asked last night when having the mri if it was because they had found something on ct scan but they said it's normal to have an mri along side the ct so don't know to be fair just hoping I'm not waiting ages to hear results already worrying xx

• HELLO HAD CT SCAN 2 WEEKS AGO AND MRI LAST WEEK GOT MY RESULTS TODAY IT SAYS CHANGES IN LUNGS REFERED FOR CT SCAN IN 3 MONTHS CHANGES IN LIVER, CHANGES IN VIRGINAL VAULT SIGNIFICANT AND MRI WAS DONE AS RADIOLOGIST REQUEST HAS ANYBODY ANY IDEA WHAT ALL THIS MEANS