Vaginal melanoma

Hey,

I'm 22 years old and I've recently been diagnosed with vaginal melanoma. This is a very rare case especially in a young person like myself. About 2 weeks ago I had my first surgery to remove the tumor and melanoma around , it all went well, however what the results show is that there are melanoma pigments around other areas near by... treatment is being discussed, either start immunotherapy or chemotherapy or even both, so that will be pretty soon. 

Because it's a rare case, I don't know anyone who's actually had or has the same or a similar case like mine. If you do I would love to chat and get to know people who share the experience. 

Pat xx

• Hello Pat, 

Welcome to Cancer Chat. I am glad your surgery to remove the melanoma went well and I hope that you are recovering fast from it. I hope that the treatment they choose for you will go well for you and that it will deal with those melanoma pigments in those areas nearby. 

We have information on our website on this page on vaginal melanoma which I hope will be of interest to you and if you have any question on anything, feel free to give our cancer nurses a call on this free number 0808 800 4040 - their line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. 

Hopefully you will hear from other ladies here who have had vaginal melanoma. It does help to talk to others who have had a similar diagnosis, especially when dealing with such a rare cancer. 

Keep us updated if you can on how things go for you. Best of luck too with the start of your treatment. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator