Ultrasound results

Hello, I'm sorry if I keep posting and annoying anyone. 

I had my ultrasound on Monday for the lump in my neck, waiting for the results is making my anxiety go through the roof! I'm terrified something is seriously wrong. I'm pretty certain it's serious as I have had other symptoms alongside this, swollen red tonsil. Sore on my tongue that isn't painful anymore. That part of my tongue is also dry. I really need some hope that everything is going to be ok because I am going out of my mind! I have lost just over a stone in weight since September despite eating well still. Even though my doctor and dentist aren't concerned about anything in my mouth I just feel like they are wrong. I know they are professionals and can pick these things up easily and quickly but what if it is something serious. I have 3 young children and I don't want to die and leave them behind :( all I keep doing is crying and worrying. It makes me feel physically sick, I had bloods done back in November which were clear, and I'm having another lot done tomorrow, FBC and diabetes test. Part of me is hoping that I have diabetes and not cancer just because I am absolutely terrified of cancer. I'm sorry for al those that have had their diagnosis and I'm sorry for the long post I just didn't know what else to do.

• Just an update, had my ultrasound results back today and have been signed off as no further action as it has been put down as a lipoma! Thankfully!! Hope this reassures some people xx

• So glad you got your no cancer result that you wanted the wait is horrible and so glad it is over for you, I had a MRI scan on Monday and waiting for the results I try to destract myself as much as possible but its always there in the back of my head 

• It's not over yet, I still have a weird thing on my tongue, that apparently the dentist can't see. I'm not sure if it's just me catching it on my teeth, all the pain I had to start with 4 weeks ago has minimised dramatically and I just have a feeling something is there with a slight tingling near, on and around it. I have a follow up appointment on Monday with the doctor to talk about this, hoping she can just give me some strong medication and it will all disappear, then il be happy. I mean I am happy that the lump is of no concern, just one less thing for me to worry about. I do suffer with health anxiety so that's probably not helping at all. 

good luck for your results, do they give you a rough idea of when you will receive them. What's it for? A lump? Do you have any other symptoms? 

I have lost a stone since September but I am just putting this down to stress and anxiety... hopefully! Xx

• Yeah hopefully you will get to the bottom of it , health anxiety must be hard i don't know much about it apart from my eldest has body anxiety so know his struggles so be good to yourself have you found anything that helps with it ?? We do a gratitude journal and affirmations for ny son and that helps....

They said I should hear within 2 weeks, I have swelling around my jaw today I am struggling with the pain which feels like its all around my neck and cheek bones and failing to home school my 3 kids and entertaine my 1 Yr old today I havent lost much weight but I itch all over which drives me mad !!! 

• Hopefully and fingers crossed nothing serious. I was having therapy but with the kids not being at school I wasn't able to concentrate on the session. So I had to give it up. I find talking to people wether it be family, friends or people on here, really helpful. I should also be taking meds but the health anxiety took over that much I couldn't even bring myself to take them worrying about the side affects. 

sorry to hear your son is going through that but I'm glad doing those things helps him! 

oh hopefully you will get your results not too long then. Sorry to hear you are in some pain today, do painkillers help? Try not to stress or worry easier said than done I know but it can sometimes make the symptoms worse. Honestly homeschooling I wouldn't worry I have barely done any this week! I'm waiting for a phone call from the school to find out why!! I have a 1 year old too, they need so much attention don't they bless them xx

• Aww yeah they sure do she will be my last so I just want to keep her small forever haha .... thats good that you are so open about it and talk to people :) 

I take cocodamol and ibuprofen everyday but not touching it today .... thank you for your kind words 

• My daughter is my last too, couldn't do it again haha. I find it I don't talk about, and bottle it up too much , my body tends to go into some form of shock and I can't control the sensations, it's like my body goes into shut down mode. Keep your son talking too don't let him bottle anything up. Lots of support. Which sounds like you are doing anyway. 

oh no bless you. I hope your results are back soon and you get some form of peace of mind. Do let me know how you get on with your results x

• Hi, good luck with your scan results, I have about 6 lumps on the right side of neck (not where the throat is) they only hurt slightly when i press on them any they move a fair bit, i can also squeeze them slightly, they've just came on. I went to the doctor because I had one in 2018 and they said it was fine. However in December, I noticed a change within my bowels. Stomach growls more often, sometimes bloating and trapped wind. Convinced myself I've got stage 4 bowel cancer that's spread to my lymph nodes, am scared but hopefully got a doctor appointment on Wednesday. Sorry for the rant I just saw your posts and saw you had similar symptoms so it's relaxed me. hope all is well with everyone.

• Hello [@jm15]‍ 

don't be sorry for commenting on a post. I had my results back and it was just a lipoma thankfully. 
    do you mind me asking how old you are? Do you suffer with health anxiety? 

Whilst I am not a doctor and cannot diagnose you I can advise you and tell u a bit about me. I suffer with health anxiety. Back in September I had the same sort of issues as u, bowel issues, bleeding, itching, stomach growling, I even started to lose weight, I saw my doctor who referred me for a flexi sigmoidoscopy, I worked myself up so much thinking I had bowel cancer, turns out I just had skin tags left over from hemorroids, so all my issues were due to the hemorroids. Believe it or not, after that appointment all my symptoms vanished! I am constantly in fear that I have cancer, apart from my lump which is fine I'm terrified I have tongue cancer at the moment. I have a GP appointment tomorrow, even though my dentist has said everything seems ok in my mouth, a second opinion won't hurt right? 

anyway enough about me. What I am trying to say is when u have anxiety, u have some symptoms and u fixate on them. I'm not saying they aren't there, but the best thing u can do is see ur doctor and see what they say! Good luck and please let me know how u get on x

• Hi [@Mumma123]‍ 

I'm glad it wasn't anything bad. I'm only 16 and I'd say I only suffer with it due to cancer and I'm fine until a symptom shows up - this third lockdown hasn't helped. That's reassuring your bowels was nothing to worry about - I hope it's the same with me. I've had a lump for 3 years in my neck that hasn't grew and has caused me no harm so don't stress, it'll be nothing especially if they've checked it. I'm just concerned as loads of other painful ones have popped up in a day along with these bowel problems. Yes, if you're feeling worried, I'd get a second opinion too as it could affect your daily life and that's worth getting an appointment over, good luck with it. You're right about fixating on symptoms and am trying not to until tomorrow. Thankyou, I'll let you know how I get on. May I ask how long the diagnosis took you for the viewer and the lump?

Jack