Triple negative breast cancer

Hi on the 3rd December I was diagnosed with triple negative grade 3 breast cancer. My tumour is 16mm with 1 lymph node affected. I am only 28 with two young children. I was hoping to hear some stories of beating this! Thank you

• Hi janey.

Im sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the beginning of November, not triple negative but triple positive.   I have since had a lumpectomy and will begin chemo in January I am 33 with two young children and it was a huge shock.the forum and the Facebook group 'younger breast cancer support secret group' have been invaluable. There are lots of triple negative young ladies  in that group. Have you been told anything about your treatment plan? I have found the waiting is the worse.  

Marie x

• Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I will be starting chemo in Jan. I have been having lots of scans at the moment. I haven't told my children yet I am really scarf about telling me son who is nearly 8. He has suffered so much with anxiety. How did you tell your children? 

Janey x

• Hi Janey,;I waited until i had my treatment plan so ni could tell them what was going to happen. I got the book, mummy's clump and some other resources from my breast cancer nurse.  I was honest but simple in explaining things.I said i had a bad lump that was called breast cancer and  i would need an operation and strong medicine to makecit bettet. I also spoke about how it would impact them, such as me losing my hair and being tired. My 6 (nearly 7 year old) is very sensitive and unfortunatley my mum and my husbands dad have died of cancer and is aware if it.he was very upset but had actually cope very well.iv also spoken to their school so they know exactly what I've said and they have been really good at watching out for if they need any extra support but the haven't so far.I was also really scared to tell them but I think my eldest probably knew something was up and now we openly talk about it he seems absolutely fine xx

• Thank you that's really good to hear. I have already spoken to the school to make sure the support is in place for him. I am still waiting for my oncolgy appointment so I want to wait until then before I tell them. I know my son will ask lots of questions so I want to make sure I can answer as many as I can.

Janey x