Travel insurance

Hello to you all I am posting on here as feeling pretty desperate for my friend and trying to help her fulfill her bucket list. She was diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer that spread to her lymph nodes. She wants me to book a week in Spain end of April in between her chemo treatments. I have now spent three days pumping the same medical info into over 20 different insurance websites on the internet and spoken over the phone but most wont insure her or want over a thousand pounds. Can anyone help with suggestions?

thank you for anything you have to say on this x 

• Hi, I had the same problem last year, I have stage 4 Breast cancer which I have regular treatment for every 3 weeks,I spent a frustrating week trying to get travel insurance for a week in Turkey. Most companies wouldn't even consider insuring me, they seem to think you have had cancer and are in remission or you have cancer and you are going to drop dead any moment, probably while you are on holiday! Anyway I found an excellent company called 'World First' who insured me for £30. I did it online and they seem extremely knowledgeable about the different types of cancer and the treatments involved. The insurance only covers you for accidents, loss of luggage etc not for any medical problems related to the cancer, as you know that can cost thousands.,  If in doubt speak to her consultant, I did and she said go ahead you will be fine and I was. Hope this is of some help to you, and your friend gets her holiday in sunny Spain. x

• Thank you for your very helpful response x

• You are very welcome, hope you get it sorted out x

• Just to keep you updated on getting travel insurance for my friend.  We spent from April to June being denied insurance but we were told to contact a company called with insurance and they have insured my friend for a week in Benidorm at the end of July and we can’t wait!

I am now sending the response below to anyone else that has problems getting insurance to travel.....

My friend wanted to go to Benidorm for a week and had problems getting travel insurance as she is terminally ill with stage four pancreatic cancer. But she contacted a company called withinsurance. You have to call them directly on 0203 829 3875. After asking lots of questions offered insurance for one week for £44 or for one year for £122. We could not believe it as had either been denied insurance or quoted over £1000.

Here is the details.
    Insurancewith@tifgroup.co.uk.  0203 829 3875.

1 Tower view 
    Kingshill
    West Malling
    Kent
    ME1 94UY.