Travel insurance

hi all I really hope this will help people, my mum has oesophageal cancer 2nd time round sadly she was given a terminal prognosis this time, she has had palliative chemo and radiotherapy which much to everybody’s amazement has work fantastic and after being given 1-3 yrs in 2015 she still has NOD but she also has other conditions including COPD  which she has oxygen for and 2 small nodules in a lung that are undiagnosed as the doctors are happy they are stable and could be to do with lung condition but this is where I have completely struggled with finding a company that will insure her to go aboard. So many companies say they will insure this and that but undiagnosed was a big fat no or they will insure the cancer not COPD which is no good for us finally after hrs on the phone and internet I was advised to go through the BIBA website and again after going down a list I got knocked back but finally managed to get cover after a young lady named Amy went above and beyond to help find a company will to insure my mum the company is called sunworld extra And the price although high I was expecting to pay more. I know this was longwinded but if taking time to read this saves people the time and stress I went through it’s the least I can do

• Welcome to the forum Daughter5 although I'm sorry to read that your mum has been given a terminal prognosis for her oesophageal cancer this time around.

I'd also like you to thank you for sharing your story with us. Many members contending with a cancer diagnosis have found it rather tough to find travel insurance so I'm sure they will find reading about your experience really useful.

If you need any help or assistance with other financial matters you may be dealing with you can have a look at the information we have on our website just here or you could give Macmillan a call as they have financial advisors you can chat to.

Do keep chatting to us here on the forum if you feel comfortable to do so Daughter5 as I'm sure our members would really like to get to know you.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator