Tonsil cancer

Good evening everyone it's Fooman I have not written anything for a while. I have been having all sorts of tests and will be starting my treatment soon. I am going to have 2 lots of chemo and 30 lots of radio and I start  on 2nd of December. The hospital I am at is very good and I am confident that they can get rid if the Tonsil Cancer for me. The  Cancer though is aggressive and has spread deep into my tissue. However the doctor incharge of my chemo and radiation treatment said that they have a 90% success rate .  Firstly though I go to hospital in 2 days time and have a tube fitted into my stomach to help me get food and liquid in me when I can't swallow any more. Good luck to you all take care Fooman keep it green 

• Hello Fooman

It's nice to hear from you. I hope you're fully recovered from your bout of Covid last month. 

It's good to know that your treatment has been planned now and is due to start shortly. It sounds as if the Consultant is very positive about things although it's understandable that you may be feeling a little anxious about all that's ahead of you. 

I hope that your PEG/RIG procedure goes smoothly tomorrow. I know that we've had a number of members here who have had one fitted and they've been very grateful for it as a way to keep their nutrition and fluid intake well managed. 

Do keep us updated as and when you feel able to. 

Best wishes for the weeks ahead. 

Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Hi Fooman,

My first post here, just been diagnosed with HPV+ Tonsil Cancer too and I'm a couple of days ahead of you on the pathway if they are the same between hospitals. Had my PEG fitted Thursday last week. Was a little sore to start with, like having a stitch, but its settling down now so nothing too much to worry about there.

I haven't quite worked out what to do with the tube sticking out my stomach yet, especially when sleeping at night. Sure it will get easier with time. Just a little awkward.

Good luck tomorrow.

• Hi Jenn and hello to the other person  who responded to my post. Thanks for informing me about your Peg, it sounds ok. I have been told mine will be in place for 16 weeks. I suppose I will get used to it ? I feel realy well and eating as normal but I do have a little trouble swolling but it does not hurt. The Nurse told me that my treatment will be like running a Marthon everyday.  Along time ago when.i was 18 I did run half a marathon but ‍♀️ everyday for 6 days except weekends is not appealing. Anyway I am prepared for the  battle and will do allnI can to rid myself of this horrible deaseas. Good luck to you and I will do regular posts . All the best Fooman keep it green