Tonsil Cancer

Hi just been diagnosed, I had breast cancer in 2000 and have Sarcoidosis,would like to hear from anyone going through this.

Is treatment/ operation affected by Covid-19?

• Hello Woodview and welcome to the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've recently been diagnosed with tonsil cancer. I'm sure that it's a difficult time for you especially getting this news with the current Covid19 pandemic. 

We've quite a few members here on the forum who have been through treatment for tonsil/throat cancer. In particular you might like to use the forum search function to look for [@RadioactiveRaz]‍, [@Taff123]‍ and [@Anchor1707]‍ all of whom have shared their experiences with many others. You'll also find links to their personal blogs in their posts. I know that lots of members have found the blogs to be helpful. 

We do have some information about cancer and Covid19 on our website here which hopefully you'll find helpful but I@d encourage you to give our team of nurses a call as well. I'm sure that they will be able to help with both support and information. You can call them on freephone 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. 

I hope that you find this helpful. Do keep in touch and let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

• Hi wood view really sorry to hear about your tonsil cancer, I had the same myself diagnosed July 2019 if it helps read my blog on http//:mythroatcancer.home.blog 

and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to message me, wishing you all the very best

Derrick

• Hi

this is Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz I am  21 month post radiotherapy for tonsil  cancer with effected lymph nodes .i has 35 radiotherapy and 2 out of planned 3 chemotherapy.Have you and your m d t meeting yet ?.I am I. Touch with a few people going through treatment at minute their  chemo in some cases have been withdrawn it all depends on individual circumstances.

i have abkig www,radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  which may help yiu , any questions just ask .

welcome to the club no one wants to join .

Hazel

•  

Hi

Thank you Hazel and Derrick. Hope things are looking up for you both now?

Please take care and stay safe.

Thank you for your offers of help they are very much appreciated. I had a PET/CT full body scan yesterday and will update on here when I get the results. I’am hoping the Consultant going by my MRI scan is wrong and it’s my Sarcoidosis. I know only a tonsillectomy and the tonsils send to the lab for reporting will I really know for sure what I am facing. At the moment I am going to remain positive and eat lots of chocolate and cakes and not feel guilty, luckily I haven’t got a real weight problem as I’m tall.

Vonny

• Hi vonny

good on you, wish I could eat chocolate one of the things I can't yet swallow but you stay positive, and most of All stay safe, 

best regards

Derrick

• Hi Woodview,

Thought I would pop in as well and wish you all the best.

My understanding re treatment just now is that would be a local descision and judgement call with your consultant.

I've also posted link to my blog and also like rest, please feel free to ask away or get in touch to have anything clarfied or even just to offload.

Here to help anyway we can.

Please keep in touch and update with progress

radiotherapythroat.home.blog

Kind regards

Ian

• Hi Vonny

How was your PET-CT and results? Have you had a treatment plan agreed yet?

I have had a tonsil mass show up on my MRI, due to have PET-CT tomorrow and ultrasound biopsy next week. 

N