Thyroid issues

Hi everyone,just looking for anyone who has been in a similar boat to me,it started at the start of July when I had an mri for something totally different and a lump was found on my right side of my neck,from this I was sent to the ent department a few weeks after

I was then sent for an ultrasound and biopsy,I received the results back last week as thy1 benign ,my symptoms are feeling like I am getting a cold 3/4 times a week,pain on both sides of me neck ,shoulders,top of my chest , my jaw and ears ,they said the size was 9cm by 6cm by 5cm

They were going to leave me 6 months but I refused due to pain/symptoms and I am now awaiting surgery date (pre op 16th oct )for removal of half my thyroid and the nodule,the worrying thing is that it has grown even bigger since the tests were done and they used the results/scans from over 8 weeks ago ? They said that it will be sent for a biopsy once removed and warned me it could comeback as sinister 

i have been to a&e twice since the scans and it’s them who confirmed that it was growing so just a bit confused about it

sorry for the long post,

Carl

• Hello Carl, 

I am sorry to hear about the stressful time you have been having. It's good that you insisted and that they didn't leave you waiting for 6 months and it won't be long now until your pre-op and surgery. I can imagine it must be a really worrying time for you as you have been to A and E twice recently and have been told that it has grown since the tests were done. Hopefully you won't have to wait long now until you have this important operation and the biopsy once it is removed. 

I hope that you will hear from some of our members here who have been through this before and that they will share their experience with you. 

Keeping everything crossed that everything will turn out fine. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi Lucie, I hope you are well ,thank you very much for finding the time to reply ,it’s much appreciated 

Thanks

Carl