Thyroid cancer

Hi everyone I had half of my left thyroid removed on the 26th April and they did a biopsy and it came back as cancer anyone else had the same and what treatments where u giving to remove the cancer and what they do pls as I've not seen my consultant yet just would like some advice on what they do so if anyone had it pls help me to understand it as I'm a mother of 4 children pls help 

• Welcome to Cancer Chat, Miss1982, although I'm sorry for the reason that brings you here.

We have other members who have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer and I hope they will come along shortly to share their experience with you and give advice. Until then feel free to browse our forum for stories that might relate to yours by using the blue banner on the upper left side here (Search forum).

The other thing I wanted to mention is that as you have been recently diagnosed I thought you might find this page from our website about thyroid cancer useful, to read more please click here

Also, if you wish to speak to someone medically trained before you see your consultant, our cancer nurses will be happy to chat with you. Their lines are open Monday - Friday between 9 a.m - 5 p.m on 0808 800 4040.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi miss 1982,

Just wondering did you have to have treatment? I too had the left lobe of my thyroid removed. Had 1 nodule on the left lobe but they said i won't need treatment.