throat cancer ........

I'm back after almost one year after my husbands throat cancer here I am with almost the same thing .. I can't believe it .

i woke up from my appendix operation in August with a sore throat , that sore throat never left me and now here I am with SCC base of tongue . I don't know the staging yet I need a biopsy of my lymph and CT scan tomorrow . 

My tumor only be seen on my MRI , as my biopsy just showed dysplasia .  I hope this is HPV + my husbands wasn't ! 

so last Thursday the oncologist was giving my a husband another 6 weekly all clear and me she said we won't operate we will just do chemo and radio , I guess she was working off my MRI that she was sent electronically as I only just gave her the hard copy.

worst thing for me is knowing what all this involves and I'm not It sure I can do it .

Hazel I just re read your blog . And [@RadioactiveRaz]‍ , [@Newlymarried]‍ i need your help again ... I'm going to to Hell ! X x

hugs Ginny x 

• Oh no that's awful!  Stay strong you can do this.

I'm expecting a similar diagnosis after my biopsy today, feel free to message me.

• Thanks Shelly . Good luck x x 

• I have just seen your profile. Hoping the best outcome for you Shelly , if not we are in this together ! X x 

• Hi Ginny 

oh no really can’t believe your luck. Of course I am here for you. As you can see I am now 19 month post radiotherapy and am doing pretty well  still have a few good issues with meat in particular. When do you get your next visit and treatment plan ? On s positive note you’ve almost been there and git the t shirt so you can go into it with eyes wide open n hubby can be the caret. 

Sending huge hugs H xx

• Hi Shelly likewise if u can help just ask. You may have already read my blog www.radioactiverax.Wordpress.com

Let us know his biopsy results pan out 

hugs 

Hazel xx

• Hey Hazel I can't believe it either . I just need the CT scan and dental visit I had everything else done privately as the GP was so slow . So I am just getting on the system. My cancer is different to Chris it's on the base of my tongue and deep in the tissue as it can only be seen in the MRI ,& not even when the camera went down or under my General having the biopsy,  could the consultant see anything . only dysplasia was shown on  biopsy but this in the end was not the case.  The oncologist said it will be a different stage than Chris !  ( he was stage 1) And no surgery as not pleasant so 6.5 weeks Radio( daily )  & 6 weeks chemo (weekly) .. I think I must be stressed I have a terrible headache & bad ear ache but all on the other side. I'm not looking forward to this at all made even worse as I know in some part what to expect. I also have swollen lymph only on the bad side that they will biopsy ASAP 

I hope this is HPV my husbands wasn't , but the virus can lay dormant in your body for decades I believe x x 

thanks Hazel... you are doing great long may it continue .

Hugs Ginny x x 

• Hi Ginny sending hugs back ,

i was T2N2NM which equated ro stage 2 2 lymph nides which by time treatment started was upgrade yeah always wanted an upgrade to several poorly differentiated lymph nodes .

i didn’t have surgery either ,hooinhnyiu dint need any extractions but if you do it’s because they think the teeth will be in waybof radiation beams .

Look at it thus way yiu will be able to compare notes and remember us women are tough apologies to all the men reading this, but fact we give birth you lot don’t  lol  .

the h p v status hope you get  info soon in that respect let me know  Yes ut can linger in your body 30/40 years and has I have said before I only  ever slept with John and he onky one before me ,so we’ve been passing ut along to each other for years your body gets rid of it in 2 years but we could have been playing a game if pin pong with it.we joke a bit like chuckle brothers from me to yiu to me .John has had 3 cases of shingles and the Throat cancer foundation have today put an article out saying a posible link  there’s a link on my blog to Throat cancer foundation worth a read when you get your head in gear ,

always here for yiu and anyine  else H xx

• Thanks Hazel ... you really are a blessing x 

• Hi there Ginny 

Oh no after all you've already been through what a blow but at least you're prepared ( not much consolation I know ) for what's to come - fore warned is fore armed ! Try not to compare yourself to hubby as remember everyone is different and reacts in different ways. Ask all the questions even if you think you already know the answer and let hubby look after you for a while.

As always Im here to offer support and send me a friend request if you'd like to chat more. 

best wishes and keep us posted

Emma xx

• Thanks Emma. I hope your husband continues to feel 100% X x x